Despair is spiritual way-pointer. It is the Gargoyle placed before the Way to your personal Nirvana, to repel you who are not yet ready to distinguish between gold and fool’s gold. Take a closer look at despair. Notice it comes paired. We despair about something. What is the ‘pair’ your des-pair is dis-sing? Perhaps you […]
Despair is spiritual way-pointer. It is the Gargoyle placed before the Way to your personal Nirvana, to repel you who are not yet ready to distinguish between gold and fool’s gold.
Take a closer look at despair. Notice it comes paired. We despair about something. What is the ‘pair’ your des-pair is dis-sing? Perhaps you despair over not having enough money, or looks, or health, or over a compulsive habit, or a troubling relationship. Whatever the ‘object’ of your despair, it is something you have long ‘objected’ to in your self/life and have not found a way ‘out’. Despair is the emotion that comes up around feeling you can’t find your way ‘out’: you’re stuck with this undesirable issue.
Because the issue persists, you begin to experience it as part of your ‘identity’, an inextricable & undesirable part of your nature, shame begins to build around it, making it even more painful, even more entrenched in your psyche as a personal defect.
That’s the Gargoyle’s effect on us, but it is not the Truth about Who You are, and Who You Are Here To Become. You have a Purpose in Being Here. There are many expressions of your Purpose, many pieces to it. But the key to having your life unfold along the trajectory of your Highest Evolutionary Possibility as opposed to a diminished one, lies in mastering the core issue you were born to master. How do you recognize what that is?
It’s the issue your Despair is pointing you to: relentlessly, stubbornly, persistently, pointing toJ
What we refer to as an ‘issue’ is an incorrect mindthink that has corrupted energy into a destructive force. This darkened energy has been around for millennia and is part of what is diminishing our existence into survival rather than the thriving that is our birthright. This darkened energy is now hosted by me. That’s the bad news that as spiritually foolish we accept as a prison sentence. The possibility is to recognize that my contribution to the salvation of the world, lies in lifting the incorrect mindthink, and liberating the energy to be a constructive force.
This is not an academic endeavor, but a personal path of transformation. It begins with seeing your despair as an ally, in its pointing you to the specific incorrect mindthink you are here to correct, and to correct by shifting your perspective within yourself, and cultivating the mindthink, skills, activities, and habits to master the issue at the heart of your stuckness.
Questions for your contemplation:
- What is the ‘problem’ I despair about most deeply?
- Close your eyes: scan how many people on the planet share this ‘problem’? think of all the situations people are in that might bring up this same problem.
- Would the world be a better place if we could all be more masterful of this problem?
- Are you Willing to invite in a Shift in Perception that holds this ‘problem’ as the PhD mastery course your Essence is asking you to take?
- Are you Willing to invite in the shifts in perception that are calling for your attention in highlighting that your current perception, your current way of holding this problem, is the cause of your suffering?
- “I seek a future different from my past” is A Course In Miracles principle I find helpful.